Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Elf Mission Completed Homemaker Burnout


Back to the North Pole. Our elf has left us and Christmas 2018 is now but a memory. As in every year, I did my fair share of elfing. I made several different types of cookies…


Hosted two separate large family dinner get togethers. A street taco party pictured here… The meat was still cooking and wasn’t pictured here.

Hamburger Corn Pie Casserole Party. A request from my oldest daughter who fondly remembered my casserole from her childhood…

A rarity that we are pictured together! My daughters are great ladies that I so enjoy being with! It strikes me as funny that they are both so much taller than I am…

Amelia told me she was practicing her “elf” look. I thought that was endearing so I snapped this pic.

I made a cake of my hometown, Morro Bay Rock. I tried to make sailboats out of mini pretzels lol. Hey it was my way of escaping the holiday stress and spending the afternoon at the beach that was home to me for 36 years!
I’ll Be Home For Christmas ◀️ My YouTube Cover Link!
I really missed my family and some friends that have passed this year. Every year I have a moment or two of remembrance and of missing them. This year, I really felt it deeply from time to time. Lonely inspite of having many things to do and people around. I suppose many others feel as I do the older that we get!
My taste testers…
⬇️

Camera shy kids and cats…
I hope that your holiday season has been full of joy and love! May you be at peace and feel fulfilled. Like our elf Huey, I’m finished elfing for the year. Or am I ???



No comments: