Saturday, November 14, 2015

Celebrating Escaping The Ax


We found ourselves in Downtown Chandler, AZ last night. Our neighboring town. We had dinner at a casual eatery called the San Tan Brewing Company.

The food was good but huge portions.

This  was an interesting combination of foods. Mac and Cheese Burger on a Pretzel Roll. If I hadn't been coming off of the stomach flu this would have been much more enjoyable. I wasn't impressed with the cheese they chose to use or the texture of the noodles for that matter. My own opinion! It presents pretty on the plate though!

Howard really did enjoy his bacon burger and beer. Here he is posting his own pic about celebrating the fact that he survived the lay off! We just found out... We have been breathing a big sigh of relief.
That was definitely worthy of celebrating! Downtown Chandler was beautiful all lite up for the holidays. It was crowded and loud in the San Tan Brewery. I felt like I should have worn a pair of Norton's (expensive high tech earplugs) in the place. Bustling is a better word for the place. Packed, a nice light hearted atmosphere. Downtown Chandler itself has a nice vibe to it. I really like just walking around through the local shops.


Today, I am going to be assisting Howard in our own backyard ambience lighting project. We are stringing some multicolor Edison lights in canopy fashion over our backyard lawn. These we will leave up for a few months as they are not just for Christmas!  My hope is to be able to enjoy them until next summer. It really makes for a nice dining experience on the patio. Now AZ is the envy of the rest of the nation with our beautiful temps. Today the high will be about 80 degrees. Not hot! 80 here is just beautiful! The nights are chilly dipping down into the 50's. Chilly to us, not to most of the U.S.

Howard likes to do these kinds of projects and, he does them well. This is his thing, he really gets into to decorating for Christmas. Every year after Christmas he hits the sales on lights. This year, he bought these Edison lights as well as all of the lights we bought after Christmas. I have a feeling that he has forgotten how many lights he bought last year. He will be surprised when we dive into the Christmas stuff come Black Friday. We spend Thanksgiving weekend decorating outside rather than shopping. I detest combat shopping! Our display gets a little better each year. Our neighbors tell us how much they appreciate our Christmas display efforts. We are a corner house among many older neighbors who do minimal decorating. As I said, this is Howard's thing and I don't discourage him because this really makes him happy! He is like a kid in a candy store when it comes to Christmas stuff. We look and we plan months in advance from store to store. It makes him happy. I'm all for supporting happiness!

 I found a smokin deal on these lights from Walmart.com. They were running $10.77 in the store. I found them on sale last weekend online at Walmart.com for $ 7.77! a  $3.00 a box savings! They shipped them for free, and I got these within 5 days of placing the order.
We bought 12 boxes of these to string for today. I'm excited to see the completed canopy!
I chose the title for this post due to a dream. I woke up thinking that I want to effect a change. Not sure what this mind speak is trying to tell me but I'm sure it's for the positive and good!
I'll Be Home For Christmas






No comments: